I wanted to create a romantic 1930's Gatsby feel to my models hair.
- I rough dried hair first, then sectioned off my four chains 2 at the crown and 1 either side of the head above the ears these will link together to create my headband.
- I then curled hair from the nape upward with my ghds facing downwards to create a soft curl.
- When I got to the sides of the head I curled my sections towards the face still with my ghds facing downwards.
- I then loosened my curls and gently teased the roots and twisted my section up and pinned them to create a bob shape.
- I continued up the head until my last sections at the top front of my sides I left these loose to give the feeling of an A-line bob,
- Where the hair was in a side parting I smoothed the very top flat with my ghds and with kirby grips I gripped the hair downwards to give a horseshoe of flat at the top and curly at the bottom.
- Then pulling my chains flat around the head to create a head band effect and clipped them in place.
- To finish I did a soft pin curl to hide any clips or joins.
Credits: Hair Stylist Clare Clark, Photographer Martin Higgs, Model Sophie Arnott, Assistants Stuie Kimer,Lucy-Ann Cotter,