ghd and RUBY showcase 70's inspired glam for Tonight, Tonight show
This year at New Zealand Fashion Week ghd guest artists Sara Allsop and Michael Beel created a beautiful 70s inspired hair look perfectly complementing the presentation of RUBY’s Tonight, Tonight collection.
Inspired by a ballerina dancer, the effortless look mimics the waves of an undone bun using our best ever styler, the new ghd platinum®.
RUBY designer, Deanna Didovich explains the inspiration behind the hair look, “For our New Zealand Fashion Week show this year, I wanted the hair look to resemble that of a dancer post-practice, like she has just let out her bun, and tousled her hair back to its natural state. The fringe detail is something that is quite nostalgic to me, and very Jane-Birkin-esque.”
Sara Allsop, ghd guest artist add, “This natural and timeless look was created using the latest and greatest ghd tool, ghd platinum®. With a slight wave in the hair and a full fringe, it really is the perfect relaxed ballerina look.”
How to get the ghd RUBY look yourself:
2. Create a centre parting using a ghd tail comb and, if applicable, pull fringe forward
4. Once hair is completely dry, spritz mid-lengths and ends with ghd curl hold spray
5. Divide hair into six small sections and braid each section
6. Using ghd platinum®, slowly apply heat all over each braid from top to bottom
7. Once cool, undo the braids and shake them out
what we used: