ghd showcases Spring/Summer hair trends at Runway Weekend
World-leading professional hair styling brand, ghd was the official hair partner of the inaugural Runway Weekend at Sydney’s Overseas Passenger Terminal, August 29th & 30th. Over the two day event, ghd styled the hair for 12 exclusive new-season runway shows showcasing key hair looks for Spring/Summer using the new, best ever styler, ghd platinum®.
Inspired by hair trends seen on the international catwalks, ghd hair director Mary Alamine created three sleek hair looks alongside the ghd team backstage.
"At Runway Weekend, we wanted to create three chic and simple looks that would work across the 12 different shows of the weekend. The new ghd platinum® styler allowed me to create the three distinct looks quickly and easily with the style and shine staying locked in all day – I couldn’t have managed without it!", said Mary.
Re-create the ghd x Runway Weekend looks:
LOOK 1: THE CHIGNON
3. Once hair is 100% dry, use the ghd platinum® styler to straighten hair, directing hair from the roots away from the face.
4. Secure slicked back ponytail at the nape of the neck.
5. To create the chignon, twist the ponytail clockwise and then wrap around the hair tie to create the bun. Secure with bobby pins.
6. To finish, spray ghd final fix hairspray for extra hold.
LOOK 2: SLICKED BACK
2. Using a ghd air® professional hairdryer and a ghd natural bristle radial brush, blow dry the hair smooth, directing the hair away from the face.
3. Once hair is 100% dry, use the ghd platinum® styler to straighten hair, directing the hair from the roots away from the face.
4. Using a ghd tail comb, section top half of hair into 3 sections – 1 large top section lining up with ends of each eyebrow, and 2 side sections from top of ears to meet top section.
5. Clip away the large top section.
6. Take 2 side sections and using a ghd oval dressing brush, brush into a small ponytail at the back of the head. Secure with a hair tie, keeping it as flat as possible
7. Bring the large top section down and using the ghd platinum® styler, smooth hair back from the roots and over the small ponytail to cover.
LOOK 3: LOW PONY
3. Once hair is 100% dry, use the ghd platinum® styler to straighten hair from root to tip.
4. Create a deep side part using a ghd tail comb.
5. Using a ghd oval dressing brush, brush hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with a hair tie.
6. To cover the hair tie, take a 3cm wide piece of hair from the ponytail and wrap around hair tie. Secure with a bobby pin underneath the ponytail.
7. To finish, use one pump of ghd smooth and finish serum over top of the hair for added shine.
8. Spray ghd final fix hairspray for hold.
what we used: