ghd X coachella: Alicia Roddy
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2018
Whether you’re frolicking in fields of mud, or dancing the night away in a desert destination, this boho beaded look is sure to set you apart from the crowd. Team deep set waves with gold accessories and create the ultimate festival fab this season.
With ghd heat protect spray, and the new ghd gold® pure gold styler at your side, your summer essentials are sorted. Recreate this look as modelled by Alicia Roddy at Coachella 2018 by following our easy how-to guide.
1. Prep hair using the ghd heat protect spray to protect hair against heat styling.
2. Brush hair out using the ghd paddle brush to ensure product is distributed evenly throughout the hair.
3. Create a deep side parting with the tip of the ghd tail comb, using the arch of the eyebrow as the point of reference.
4. Start to create structured, loose waves throughout the hair using the ghd gold® pure gold styler. Begin by placing the styler at the root, rotate half a turn and glide away from the face on the first two sections.
5. Take the next section, repeat the same movement and continue this technique, alternating the rotation, until all visible hair from the top has been curled.
TIP: By doing the visible hair and not sectioning underneath, you will add curl without losing too much of the length on this shorter hair look and make the overall feel of the look more beachy and less polished.
6. On the side with the deep parting, create a bubble braid. Start by pulling back an inch wide piece of hair tightly and securing with a clear elastic. Next, move half an inch down the ponytail and add another elastic. Move down another half inch and add another. Continue doing this until you reach the end of your ponytail and leave an additional half inch.
7. Adorn the bubble braid with gold hair clasps and finish with a spritz of ghd final fix hairspray for added texture and hold.