Lydia Millen: bejewelled waves
ghd X Glacial Blue
This summer season, why not embellish your wavy ‘do with some sparkling slides to compliment the summer's shine? Let your hair gleam in the sun, glimmer amongst the city lights, and glow next to the pool with this beautifully delicate adornment; a look that will transform your wavy locks into the ultimate new year hairstyle. The ghd platinum+ styler makes light work of this look as it effortlessly glides through the hair, and when tamed with our ghd final fix hairspray, your locks are sure to last.
Top global influencers were invited to discover season's coolest styling tools and hair trends with ghd in Ivalo, Lapland. Whilst out there, this look was created by Patrick Wilson on the lovely Lydia Millen. To find out how to achieve this hairstyle, follow our step-by-step guide.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
1. Start by spritzing hair with the ghd root lift spray and ensure spray covers the whole of the head.
2. Work product into the hair, lifting up each section to create as much lift and natural volume as possible.
3. Next, work ghd curl hold spray into the mid lengths and ends of the hair as this is where the majority of the heat will be used. This also contains our heat protect formula – the ultimate multi-tasker!
4. Create a deep side parting using the end of the tail comb.
5. Place the ghd platinum+ glacial blue styler at the root and rotate 360°, gliding through to the ends but leaving out the ends for a more undone finish.
6. Repeat this technique, alternating the direction that you turn the styler for a beachier wave! Alternating the direction of the curls around the sides and back of the head creates more volume and texture throughout too.
7. Dress out the hair using the ghd detangling comb to loosen the waves and create a dishevelled finish.
8. Finish with a spritz of ghd final fix hairspray for added shine and hold.
9. Personalise the look by adding bejewelled slides above the ear to finish off the festive look.