x Adam Reed:
Julien Macdonald at LFW SS18
We've partnered with Julien Macdonald for the SS18 London Fashion Week show, where ghd global ambassador Adam Reed created the hair look.
“When we saw the collection it was immediately clear that super-glamorous hair was required. Inspiration then came from the glamorous heritage of the 90s.”
ghd Global Brand Ambassador
Inspired by high-octane, 90s glamour and the supermodels of this decade, Adam crafted straight, luxurious, glossy hair full of movement.
“We are bringing straight hair back,” explained Adam. “But in a very modern way. The secret to success here lies in the process – namely starting the look with a brilliant blow dry via the ghd air® hairdryer. This achieves brilliant condition, gloss, shine and movement. Afterwards, we are running the ghd gold® styler over hair to eliminate any last frizz or kinks.
We’re treating the hair very carefully, as you would a beautiful and delicate fabric. Wanting to keep an element of every girl’s personality, we are then letting girl’s partings fall as close to centre as suits them best.”
HERE'S HOW TO CREATE THE STRAIGHT UP LUXE LOOK:
1. Wash hair and comb it through, before applying ghd heat protect spray.
2. Create a parting that is slightly off centre. “It’s a uniform look, but we are personalising it by letting each girl’s parting fall wherever suits them best around the centre.”
3. Blow dry hair smooth with the ghd ceramic vented radial brush - size 4 and ghd air hairdryer.
4. Amp up swish and eliminate any last frizz or kinks by running the ghd gold® styler over hair.
5. Seal the deal with a spritz of ghd final shine spray and ghd final fix hairspray.