BRIDAL HAIR TREND
Take inspiration for your wedding hair from Brie Larson at the 2016 Oscars, showcasing a chic half up half down style. Hair by Mara Roszak
"Brie wore a gorgeous, royal blue, custom Gucci dress. I wanted her hair to have a celestial but fresh look to compliment the dress. We did a modern half-up, half-down style."
1. "I started by applying hair oil to Brie’s damp hair. Next, I parted the hair in the center and blow dried with a round brush until totally dry.
2. Once dry, I used the ghd platinum® styler to touch up the hair and help with any frizz or flyaways, whilst keeping it healthy and shiny.
3. Next, I sprayed ghd final fix hairspray all over the hair for added hold.
4. After this I used the ghd curve® classic curl tong, to create a soft, loose waves throughout the hair. Once there was a consistent, beautiful loose wave throughout, I brushed the hair out with a ghd oval dressing brush and used ghd smooth & finish serum on the middle and ends of hair for extra shine.
5. Next, I took the front pieces of hair by the hair line on both sides and twisted them, bringing them to the back of head.
Top tip: Pin in place first before adding embellishment or jewels. I used fabric and materials that matched Brie’s belt on top of the pins, wrapping the extra hair that was hanging around the fabric to create a finished look.
6. Lastly, I sprayed ghd final fix hairspray all over the hair for hold and ghd final shine spray for extra shine.” says Mara.
"Accessories are key for 2016 and you will see this trend range from younger age groups who favour bright and neon shades, to a high end consumer who favours chic embellishments as seen at Céline and Prada. This is a great way to quickly transform your look, adding an instant touch of glamour, making it the perfect trend for wedding season."
Shop the trend