ghd X coachella: Ariana Whittingham
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2018
Braids, waves and rings for days; this hairstyle has it all. A deep side parting and a tight French braid create the appearance of an undercut without having to take the plunge of the chop – a perfect look for festivals when you want to temporarily switch up your style.
With the limited edition ghd gold® pure gold styler, creating beachy waves is easy; and the addition of free-spirited silver rings adorning the braid will be sure to make your style stand out and sparkle in the sun.
Make your hair the headline act this festival season. Discover how we achieved this look on Ariana Whittingham at Coachella 2018 by following our step-by-step-guide.
1. Prep hair with ghd heat protect with UV protection.
2. Create a deep side parting in the hair using the tip of the ghd tail comb and clip away to add the adornment and embellishment later on.
3. Next, add luxe, loose waves to the hair using the ghd gold® pure gold styler. Place the styler at the root and rotate half a turn to start creating some movement within the hair.
4. Continue to rotate as you push down and glide the styler through to the ends. Release the hair from the styler towards the ends of the hair to achieve a modern straight-end look.
5. Repeat the technique throughout the back sections, always keeping the styler horizontal and with a full turn.
6. Once the hair has cooled, use the ghd detangling comb to loosen the waves by combing from roots to ends. Personalise your look by massaging small sections of hair between your fingers to add extra texture.
7. Take the clipped section and tightly French braid a small braid down the side of the head, starting just by the ear.
8. Finish by randomly placing silver hair rings throughout the braids and spritz with the ghd final fix hairspray to hold.