One Iron: Three Looks
"ghd curve® classic curl iron does so much more than create one type of curl. Depending on how you wrap the hair, and which direction you curl, there are endless looks you can create with just one tool. Who knew? Here are a few of my favorite curling techniques."
– ghd Ambassador Stephanie Brinkerhoff
Look One - Vintage Glam
- Beginning at the nape, curl 2" sections of hair by wrapping them around the barrel of the ghd curve® classic curl iron. Add a little twist in the hair as you curl to help form the wave.
- Once all of the hair is wrapped around the barrel, you can release the clamp to help set it in place.
- After you have curled the section, clip it in place to cool.
- Repeat this process until the entire head is curled.
- Once all of the hair is curled, release the clips and brush through the hair with the ghd oval dressing brush or the ghd tail comb, forming a soft wave.
Look Two - Flowing Curls
- Beginning at the nape, curl 2" sections of hair by clamping in the iron so the hair is smooth. Curl all the way through the ends, and curl each side away from the face towards the center in the back. Hold the curling iron in a vertical position to help add flow to the curls.
- Curl all of the head this way.
- Once the hair is curled, run your fingers through it to soften the curls.
Look Three – Messy Waves
- Beginning at the nape, curl 2" sections of hair by wrapping it around the outside of the curling iron. Go all the way to the roots, but don't curl the ends. leave them out so they stay straight.
- Curl all of the hair this way.
- Once the hair is curled, run your fingers through the curls to soften them. Add some texturizing spray to give it a beachy look.