TRICKS FOR CREATING VOLUME
"A lot of people don't realize how much volume they can get out of their hair. Just because you have fine or heavy hair doesn't mean it has to be flat. Use these tips to help you bring out the volume in your hair." – ghd Ambassador Stephanie Brinkerhoff
- Spray a volumizing product on your roots on dry hair. It can be hairspray, sea salt spray, texturizing spray, or mousse, or anything similar.
- Use the ghd air® hairdryer and a round brush to lift the roots vertically and blow dry them softly. The product plus the heat will add lift to your roots without having to re-wash or start on wet hair.
- I always do wrap around curls when going for volume, since they don't flatten the hair as much. My favorite is the ghd curve® classic wave wand. Wrap the hair all the way to the roots for extra lift, and do each curl in different directions to add even more volume.
- Once all of the hair is curled, lightly spray hairspray through the ends of your hair.
- Use one hand to scrunch up the hair while blow drying softly with the other hand. The heat plus the product will add an extra boost of volume to your ends. You can also use a diffuser.