RED CARPET REPORT
WHO: Olivia Culpo
HAIR BY: ghd Brand Ambassador Justine Marjan
INSPIRATION: "We were inspired by the hairstyles seen on the Marchesa Fashion Show runway, particularly a hairstyle that featured a deep side part and separation around the face. We wanted to balance the feminine glam of the dress with edgy and fashion forward hair."
1. Prep damp hair with gel at the roots and use a shine serum at the ends.
2. Create a deep side part then use the ghd air® hairdryer and a ﬁne tooth comb to dry the hair forward on the face.
3. Blow dry the rest of the hair straight using a smoothing brush.
4. Spray a heat protect spray and run the ghd platinum® styler through the hair from root to end.
5. Separate the back section of the hair from the front and gather the back section into a low pony with a smoothing brush that has been sprayed with hairspray then secure with an elastic.
6. Add the front sections to the back pony then secure with another elastic.
7. Add a ponytail hair extension piece then ﬂat iron the length of the pony with the ghd platinum® styler.
8. Run a shine through the length of the pony.
9. Wrap base of the pony with a velvet ribbon, then secure with a bobby pin and tuck ends in.
10. Spray toothbrush with hairspray and lightly brush the top to smooth any ﬂyaways.
What we used:
More from the 89th Academy Awards