FESTIVAL STYLE WITH
STEPHANIE BRINKERHOFF: BRAIDS
Hail to braid! When it comes to festival hairstyles, braids are a great way of giving your look a unique twist. To get you inspired when it comes to creating braids for your next festival hair, ghd Ambassador and braid expert Stephanie Brinkerhoff has shared her favorite braid hairstyles.
1. Use the ghd platinum® styler to create loose waves in the hair.
2. Once the hair is curled, create a normal three strand braid a few inches back from the hairline in the front, securing the bottom with an elastic.
3. On the opposite side, start a waterfall braid just behind the ear.
4. Continue the braid through the back, until you reach the center, then finish with a normal three strand braid, securing the end with an elastic.
Half-up Boho Braids
1. Use the ghd curve® classic wave wand to create messy waves in the hair.
2. Once the hair is curled, starting at the crown, begin a loose French braid that goes down the back.
3. Once you reach ear level, finish with a normal three strand braid.
4. Secure the end with an elastic.
1. Sweep all of the hair over one shoulder.
2. Divide the hair in two sections.
3. In the first section, closest to the face, do a normal 3 strand braid. Secure the end with an elastic.
4. In the back section, do a fishtail braid.
5. About 4 or 5 times throughout the fishtail braid, loop one strand of hair through the first braid, to connect the two braids together.
6. Combine both ends of the braids in the same elastic at the bottom.