Mollie King X ghd : Dusty Pink Dutch Braids
Pair waves, braids and pop of color to recreate Mollie King's Coachella 2017 style.
Get the best of both worlds with your hair this festival season. Choosing between wearing your hair loose or braiding your locks back can be a dilemma, so incorporate both styles with the ghd dusty pink double braids. Playful and practical, go double-Dutch on top while keeping your ends free for the ultimate festival hairstyle.
Ditch that polished look for a textured finish with a root lift spray and the ghd air® wanderlust hairdryer. And to really bring that festival chic style to your look, spray your braids with a pop of color for a new bohemian finish.
Be a shepherd, not a sheep, when it comes to your festival hair. We styled Mollie King with our dusty pink Dutch braids for Coachella festival – find out how you can follow her look here.
HOW TO CREATE DUSTY PINK DUTCH BRAIDS
1. Add grip and texture to the hair so that it’s not too polished looking by prepping with a root lift spray and blow drying into hair using the ghd air® wanderlust hairdryer.
2. Create a center parting using the ghd tail comb.
3. Using the ghd gold 1" ruby sunset styler, place the styler vertically into the root of the hair and twist the styler 360 degrees as you push it through the hair, moving away from the face to create gentle soft waves.
4. Use the ghd tail comb to create a triangular section from the parting to the crown, braid from the parting to the crown of the hair using a Dutch braid technique. (Dutch braid technique: inside out braid, taking small sections from underneath as you braid through the hair). Secure with a bobby pin for a seamless finish.
5. For a pop of color, spray the braids with a temporary hair color - we opted for a pastel pink for Mollie. Use hairspray to finish.
WHAT WE USED: