ghd X coachella: Ashley Graham
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2018
Make waves across the campsite and take centre stage with this bohemian take on beachy braids.
S-waves are a hassle-free way to create natural looking ripples in your hair. Gorgeous in all lengths, this look is especially perfect for those with shorter hair who want some movement without losing the length that comes with a tight curl.
Team it with braids and a pop of colour and you’ve got an effortless free-spirited festival look. Follow our how-to guide to see how we created this look on Ashley James at Coachella 2018.
1. Prep hair with ghd curl hold spray for long lasting hold plus built in heat protection. Brush through to make sure product is evenly distributed throughout the hair.
2. To create the S wave, take the ghd curve® classic curl iron and with the clamp on top, clamp the tong onto the hair for 3 to 4 seconds, starting an inch away from the root.
3. On the next section down on the hair, half an inch from where you have created the first S, reverse the direction of the barrel so that the clamp in underneath to create the bend in the opposite direction.
4. Continue this technique throughout the hair, alternating the direction of the barrel along the hair every half an inch.
5. Let the S waves cool and brush out with the ghd detangling comb to loosen the look.
6. Spritz with hairspray to hold the wave and run ghd smooth & finish serum lightly through the ends of the hair for add shine.
7. Add micro braids randomly throughout the hair, weaving in pieces of blue and pink coloured string to each of them. Secure the threaded braids with a clear elastic.