Maya Jama x ghd
Day 3 at Coachella 2019
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2019
ghd have been to Coachella to give you access to the hottest hairstyle trends making waves across the festival scene this season. Guest stylist Patrick Wilson created these rippling waves for TV and radio cool girl Maya Jama on day three of the iconic California festival.
For those with long hair, these funky waves will make a textured cascading effect, sure to be the envy of festival-goers everywhere. To achieve these mermaid waves, use the ghd platinum+ festival styler, with it's round barrel allowing for a variety of styling techniques, and finish with ghd smooth & finish serum for a glossy shine.
Make a statement on the final day, or style on day one to use as a textured base for other looks, make waves this festival season and rock a VIP look whatever your scene.
How to recreate Maya's look
1. Create a natural looking center-part using the end of the ghd tail comb.
2. Prep hair using the ghd curl hold spray for hold and to add grit to the hair ahead of styling.
3. Use the ghd platinum+ festival styler to create nice, loose bends. Run the styler down a small portion of the hair, creating a bend and stopping before unclamping the styler, bending in the opposite direction to secure the wave.
4. Let the waves set and cool. Spritz the ghd detangling comb with hairspray before running it through the hair to break up each of the waves.
5. Finally, apply ghd smooth & finish serum for a glass like finish.