x Eugene Souleiman:
Dion Lee at NYFW AW18
Go behind the scenes at New York Fashion Week with ghd and Eugene Souleiman.
Easy does it...
Tough Glamour at Dion Lee created by Eugene Souleiman.
On Saturday 10th February in New York, iconic hair styling brand ghd partnered with Dion Lee and ghd fashion week ambassador Eugene Souleiman to create a sharp and wearable hair look for the brand’s autumn / winter 2018 show.
“There’s an easiness to this collection, but also a toughness. Today’s Dion Lee woman is creative, intelligent and fast living. She moves and acts with haste and I wanted to reflect all of this by crafting hair that is simultaneously sharp, cool and wearable.” – Eugene Souleiman.
Girls with thicker hair had it scooped into low-slung ponytails, others had it loose and simply tucked behind the ear. In the pre-show lineup Eugene pressed fine flyaways found on the hairline onto the forehead.
“At first glance this hair is simple, but in reality it’s very nuanced. The deep side part lends sharpness, the wisps a soft rawness.” – Eugene Souleiman
“Mid-lengths and ends are loosely tonged to add natural movement, not to curl. Use ghd Curve Soft Curl Tong to create texture and movement in a really subtle way.” – Eugene Souleiman
HERE'S HOW TO CREATE THE TOUGH GLAMOUR LOOK:
1. Create a deep, straight side part on the side of the head that suits best.
2. Spray Wella Elements Leave In Conditioning Spray and EIMI Mistify Me Light close to the hair at the roots so that hair doesn’t look too fresh and clean.
3. Blow dry hair with the ghd air® hairdryer to achieve a smooth finish that sits flat to the head.
4. Use the ghd oval dressing brush to smooth hair back from the hairline and to give a sleek finish around the head.
5. Enhance the hair’s natural texture in the mid-lengths by spraying EIMI Sugar Lift and diffusing it using the ghd Air hairdryer and diffuser.
6. With the ghd curve® classic curl tong add the slightest texture and movement through the ends of the hair.
7. A spritz of EIMI Dry Me lends a dusty, dryness to hair tips.
8. Tuck hair being worn down behind the ears, or scoop it up into a low-slung pony.