Mollie King X ghd : Space Buns
Get that futuristic look with the space buns hairstyle, from the ghd Coachella 2017 collection.
Take your festival hair to another planet with a pair of space buns that will make you the envy of the campsite. Cheeky, cheerful and simple to create, space buns are perfect whether the conditions are hot, cold or wet.
Achieving that updo style is easy with ghd as your styling kit. Get the lift and oomph to build your buns by prepping your hair with root lift spray and ghd total volume foam. Then, finish your look by framing your face with a few loose curls, using the ghd platinum® tropic sky styler.
Push the boundaries with your festival hairstyle – ghd took Mollie King to the moon and back to create her very own festival space buns.
Here’s how we did it.
HOW TO CREATE SPACE BUNS
1. For a style like this to last all day, you need a good grip and hold in the hair so prep with a root lift spray before blow drying. Then add the ghd total volume foam for lasting volume and fullness…as well as added heat protection when styling!
2. Split hair into a natural parting with fingers then create two ponytails.
3. Next, backcomb each of the bunches to create added texture and work each ponytail individually.
4. Twist the hair and loosely spin into a circular shape to create each of the ‘space buns’. Don’t be too precise with these movements – the looser and messier the better!
5. Secure in place with pins where necessary and pull out longer pieces of hair at the hairline sporadically for a chicer finish.
TOP TIP: Rather than spraying your updo once completely styled, try spraying your hair pins and grips with hairspray before putting them into your hair!
6. Smooth out any frizz and add loose curls to the front hair sections using the ghd platinum® tropic sky styler and frame the pieces of hair at the front of the face using the styler too.
WHAT WE USED: