The Perfect Blow-Dry
Cheat your way to a salon blow-dry at home.
There is nothing better than walking out of the salon with the perfect blow dry and contrary to what you might think, it is possible to achieve the perfect salon blow-dry in your own home.
Take the advice of ghd global brand ambassador, Adam Reed and achieve that shiny, bouncy blow-dry without even leaving the house!
Adam's top tips:
· For the perfect blow-dry, make sure your hair is about 85% dry before you start styling with your dryer
· Style your hair on a medium setting and only use the hotter setting for the finishing touches
· Once you’re done styling, seal the hair using the cool setting for a super-smooth look
· Don’t be scared of using a large radial brush. Go for a bigger brush and you’ll find that you’ll get a perfect finish and great movement in the hair
· Many women move the dryer back and forth up and down each section of hair or just hold the dryer in one place – that’s wrong! Continually follow the brush with the nozzle of the dryer facing in the direction of the brush
Prep hair with the ghd root lift spray, starting at the roots and then combing through the ends.
Next, lightly mist ghd heat protect spray all over the hair – lifting the hair as you go to ensure you gain even coverage.
Start at the base, using the ghd ceramic vented radial brush size 4 and move the brush along the hair, following closely with the ghd aura® hairdryer. The nozzle of the dryer should always follow the brush continually, facing the direction of the brush. Go over the same section several times until fully dry and smooth.
Work from the nape up to the top of the hair, always drying on a medium setting and smoothing each section with a cool blast at the end. Keep your thumb on the cool button, so as you’re drying your thumb is pushing on the cold air to seal the cuticle. This gives amazing shine, longevity in the blow-dry and incredible hold.
Tackling the front section of your hair is definitely the most difficult part of blow-drying, particularly if you have shorter pieces around the front. Go slightly smaller on your brush for this section, I recommend the ghd ceramic vented radial brush size 2. Or, if you find it really hard to control, this is where you would go for a bristle brush like the ghd natural bristle radial brush size 2. The bristle will help to gently smooth the hair out and make it as easy as possible.
Finally, get rid of flyways. Apply ghd final fix hairspray on fingers (never apply hairspray directly onto your hair!) and gently press the hairspray onto the roots using your palms. Start at the parting and then smooth out.
Then, take your ghd platinum® styler and just using the warmth of the back of the styler smooth down any flyaway hairs at the root. The heat of the styler warms the resins in the hairspray and sets it into the hair. Once you’ve done this, it will last a good couple of days. Hair feels healthy, glossy and it was super easy!
The perfect blow-dry products: