SHOPPING SAFELY ONLINE
Most of us enjoy the luxury of online shopping from time to time. Day or night you can browse and compare prices from the comfort of your own home, only to have your latest purchase turn up at your door within a matter of days.
Online shopping should be fun. We want you to enjoy online shopping safely without the stress of dodgy goods and online scams. So here are our top ten tips for shopping safe online!
- Know who you’re shopping with! Always buy from a reputable website, such as www.ghdhair.com. When buying ghd products use our Website Checker to make sure you buy from a ghd authorised stockist.
- Choose your payment method carefully. Always use a card or payment service that can refund you if something should go wrong. A credit card is more likely to provide this safety net, so try to use a credit rather than a debit card.
- When it comes to entering your card details always check that “https” is displayed at the start of the address bar at the top of your page so you know that your details will be encrypted.
- Look out for the padlock symbol in the bottom of your browser so that you know the connection on the page is secure.
- Be on the lookout for poor spelling, grammar and use of incorrect English, this can indicate that the website is not professional and more importantly, not the real deal.
- Don’t be fooled by unbelievable offers and prices-if something is too good to be true, it probably is. Scams will offer slashed prices such as 60% off or “no tax” to dupe you into thinking you’re getting a good deal. What if that amazing bargain isn’t what you bargained for and what you get is a defective fake item? What if someone starts draining money from your account or if that latest electrical gadget was a fake and could cause electric shock?
- Do your research! Does your favourite brand still make the item you think you’re about to buy? Or did it ever make it? Criminals will slap the name of a luxury brand on anything if they think it will sell!
- Is there a contact email address and does it look professional? ghd will never contact you using a gmail or hotmail address.
- Make sure your computer has up to date antivirus software installed.
- Contact Consumer Direct with any concerns on 0860 109366. If you have any concerns about buying ghd products online feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.
We hope you’ll keep our top tips in mind so you can be a savvy online shopper! Don’t forget to visit our Counterfeit FAQs page for information specifically about ghd. And remember that your common sense is the best tool you have – if something is too good to be true, it probably is!