SPRING CLEAN YOUR HAIR routine
When it comes to spring-cleaning, why stop at just your wardrobe?
Try a spring clean for your hair routine too.
There's no time like the present to prep your hair for a hot summer ahead which is why ghd global brand ambassador, Adam Reed, is giving us his top tips on how to update your hair for spring.
“Spring is the best time to look at changing up your hair from both a trend and hair health perspective. Looser and more comfortable trends become fashionable and you can stop worrying about hat hair and dry, damaged locks from the central heating. Start to let your hair down and embrace this season's shiny and conditioned styles” - Adam Reed, ghd global brand ambassador
1. One-Stroke Wonder – use the new ghd gold® styler which has had a technical upgrade and now features two heat sensors to help control the optimum heat from root to tip for smoother, sleeker and healthier looking hair*. After damage caused by the cold weather and central heating over the winter months, this one stroke wonder heats to a safe-for-hair temperature of 185°C proven to be the best temperature for optimum styling in the fewest strokes.
2. Get Cooler – cooling your hair when drying is much better for your scalp and also helps to set the look in place. The ghd air® hair dryer with variable heat settings gives you the perfect temperature and flow when drying to create a stunning looseness and natural fullness like no other.
3. Use the Cool Button when drying – this helps lock your finished style in place with a blast of cool air!
4. Build Texture – go for bigger sections of the hair when drying and styling. Not only does this prevent further damage as the heat is spread across a wider surface area, but creates a more undone, chic look – a key trend for this season.
5. Bigger Brushes – paddle brushes are key in spring. The big, flat shape is smoothing and anti-static, so it’s the ideal fix for hair that is still suffering from the harsh winter months!
*In a test of 128 consumers, significantly more consumers agreed that ghd gold® was better than ghd V® styler for leaving hair sleeker, smoother, shinier and healthier looking