Marta Carriedo x ghd
Day 3 at Coachella 2019
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2019
ghd Guest Artist Patrick Wilson has taken inspiration from boho beach babes with this look at Coachella 2019. Braiding one side of Marta Carrideo's hair and embellishing with hair rings and charms for a free spirited vibe.
Use the ghd gold® festival collection styler to create beach-y loose waves and dress out with the ghd detangling comb for a more undone look. Dutch braiding the side of the head will ensure that the hair rings have perfect placement throughout and keeping a few loose tendrils will make sure the look isn't too formal.
Prep hair with ghd curl hold spray to make the waves last and finish the look with a spritz of hairspray for extra texture.
How to recreate Marta's look
1. Prep hair with ghd curl hold spray for hold.
2. Create a deep side parting in the hair and clip away to add the adornment and embellishment later on.
3. Next, add luxe, loose waves to the hair using the ghd gold® festival collection styler. Place the styler at the root and rotate half a turn to start creating some movement within the hair.
4. Continue to rotate as you push down and glide the styler through to the ends. Release the hair from the styler towards the ends of the hair to achieve a modern straight end.
5. Repeat the technique throughout the back sections, always keeping the styler horizontal and with a full turn.
6. Once the hair has cooled, use the ghd detangling comb to loosen the hair waves by combing from roots to ends. Personalise your look by massaging small sections of hair between your fingers to add extra texture.
7. Tightly Dutch braid hair down one side of head towards the crown, starting just by the ear. Untuck a small piece of hair to sit in front of the braids to personalise the look.
8. Finish by randomly placing silver hair rings throughout the braids and spritz with the ghd final fix hairspray.