MOLLIE KING X ghd : COACHELLA GLAM WAVE
Get inspried by Mollie King's look at Coachella 2017as styled by ghd
Festival hair doesn’t have to start and end at braids and plaits. Embrace the free-flowing vibes of the music with a wavy down-do, brought to life with edgy embellishments. Perfect for a dance in the desert dunes or the muddy fields of a metal music marathon, rocking a glam wave will keep you looking festival fresh, whatever day it is.
Getting the look isn’t a struggle either – just keep your ghd styling kit on hand. The ghd platinum® styler will help craft defined waves, giving you a festival hairstyle that’ll last until the break of dawn. Mist your festival hair with ghd final shine spray for a ‘straight-out-of-the-salon’ look that’ll be the envy of the arena.
If you’re looking for some festival hair ideas, find out how we brought a touch of glamour to Mollie King’s Coachella tresses.
HOW TO CREATE THE COACHELLA GLAM WAVE
1. Blow dry hair with the ghd ceramic radial brush and ghd air® hairdryer , creating volume at the roots and smoothing the ends.
2. Create a low side parting on the right hand side using the ghd tail comb.
3. To add volume and lift the fringe area, blow dry the fringe forward and then pin curl in back in the opposite direction for added height. Leave to set while working on the rest of the hair.
4. Starting at the nape of the neck, take medium sections of hair and use the ghd platinum® styler to create polished waves in the hair. Place the styler vertically into the root and twist the styler 360 degrees as you push it through to the ends. Repeat all over the hair, curling in one direction.
5. Allow the hair to cool and set, then use a ghd detangling comb to gently loosen and brush the curls downwards.
6. Using the ghd oval dressing brush, smooth the hair on the right hand side back behind the ear.
7. To finish the look, place three rose gold clips just above the right ear and finish with a spritz of ghd final shine spray for a polished finish.